Permits have been filed for the demolition of a vacant two-story prewar rowhouse at 4517 North Hicks Street in Wyoming, North Philadelphia. The property sits close to the corner of North 12th Street and West Courtland Street and is a part of the City of Philadelphia Demolition Program. The gross area of the former single-family structure is 1,200 square feet and the cost of the work will be $11,499. The owner of the property is Latoya Johnson. Mangual Demolition Inc. is the contractor.
The structure site features dark brick cladding and a covered porch. An orange “no trespassing” sign is posted on the boarded up entrance. As part of the job, stucco will be applied on the to-be-exposed wall next door at 4519 North Hicks Street, and a six-foot-tall, 35-foot-long fence will span the lot and the adjacent vacant site at 4515 North Hicks Street.
The Wyoming Street station of the Broad Street Line, Hunting Park and Stenton Park all sit within a five-minute walking distance. Also nearby sits the the Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church at 1538 West Winghocking Street, with a Modernist design with jagged angles and a golden cross at the top, facing the intersection with North 16th Street.