Permits have been filed for the demolition of a vacant two-story single-family dwelling at 1850 North Ringgold Street in North Philadelphia West. The prewar rowhouse is located between West Montgomery Avenue and West Berks Street and will come down as part of the City of Philadelphia Demolition Program, with a cost of work of $13,000. The property is owned by the City of Philadelphia. The contractor listed for the work is Pedro Palmer Construction Inc.
The building is a brown brick structure with a cornice and projecting corner turrets. When the demolition is complete, stucco will be added to the future exposed walls at 1848 and 1852 North Ringgold Street on either side. The sidewalk out front of the property will be replaced and an erosion control mat will be added to the site.
The 61 bus stops a block to the south at Ridge Avenue and North 25th Street. Temple University is located within a 20-minute walk to the east.