Permits have been filed for the demolition of a two-story prewar rowhouse at 1716 North Dover Street in Brewerytown, North Philadelphia. The single-family dwelling is located between Cecil B. Moore Avenue and West Montgomery Avenue and will be torn down as part of the City of Philadelphia Demolition Program at a cost of $15,600. The property is owned by Rickey C. Williams. The contractor listed for the work is FH Demolition.
The brick-clad building appears in a dilapidated state, with paint chipping from the façade. After demolition, as part of the work, an erosion control mat with seed on lot will be placed on the site, a six-foot high and 20-foot long fence will be erected in front of the property, stucco will be added to the to-be-exposed walls at 1714 and 1718 North Dover Street next door, and the sidewalk in the front of the property will be replaced.
The 3 bus stops at the corner of Cecil B. Moore Avenue and North 29th Street close to the property. Two blocks to the north is the Gideon Edward School located at 2817 West Glenwood Avenue. Fairmount Park sits within a 10-minute walk to the west.
Subscribe to YIMBY’s daily e-mail
Follow YIMBYgram for real-time photo updates
Like YIMBY on Facebook
Follow YIMBY’s Twitter for the latest in YIMBYnews
Be the first to comment on "Demolition Permits Filed for 1716 North Dover Street in Brewerytown, North Philadelphia"