A recent site visit by Philadelphia YIMBY has revealed that construction has not yet started on a five-story, 14-unit mixed-use development at 1350 North Front Street in Fishtown, Kensington. The project will span 19,830 square feet and feature ground level retail and a roof deck, which, given the structure’s future prominence, promises to offer dramatic views of the Northern Liberties and Center City skylines. The latest permits, which were issued in June of last year, indicate Gnome Architects as the designer, although the previous design (featured as the cover image of the article) was crafted by Bright Common. Permits list GRIT Construction as the contractor and a construction cost of $2.3 million.
1350 North Front Street
Philadelphia YIMBY’s month-long First Anniversary Countdown, which looks at the most frequently mentioned article categories over the course of the past year, makes it past the one-third-of-the-way mark as it finds the neighborhood of Fishtown at the 20th place, with a total of 40 category tags. It is hardly surprising to see this well-known, long-running development hotspot among last year’s top 20 most frequently mentioned categories. If anything, it is impressive that the increasingly built-out neighborhood is still churning out new development at such a consistent rate even after more than twenty years of steady growth.
Permits have been issued for the construction of a 14-unit mixed-use building at 1350 North Front Street in Fishtown, Kensington. Designed by Gnome Architects (with the original design done by Bright Common), the building will rise five stories tall and include a commercial space on the ground floor. In total, 19,830 square feet of space will be located within the structure, with construction costs estimated at $2,328,307.
A zoning permit has been filed for the erection of a 65-foot-tall building at 1350 North Front Street in the Fishtown neighborhood in Kensington. Although the floor count has not been specified, the height is consistent with a six-story building. The latest filing follows a November permit for the merger of several nearby lots and a December permit for the demolition of a three-story structure currently standing at the site.