A zoning permit has been issued for the construction of a three-story, single-family dwelling at 1907 East Harold Street in East Kensington. The site sits on the northeast side of the street, on a block between Jasper Street and Emerald Street. The structure’s footprint will span 450 square feet. A full basement and a roof deck will be included as part of the project. Gabrianna Development Group is the listed owner.
The Philadelphia skyline is anchored by a group of particularly tall buildings, but just 40 years ago, not a single tower rose over 548 feet, the height of the City Hall tower that was completed in 1901. An informal “gentlemen’s agreement” held towers back from rising above the limit, but no developer was successful until One Commerce Square was approved in 1984, which was soon followed by a series of even taller skyscrapers. Philly YIMBY looks at the history behind these Center City buildings, which shaped a major portion of the Philadelphia skyline as we know it today.
Permits have been issued for the construction of a four-story residential building at 428-38 Master Street in Olde Kensington, North Philadelphia. The 6,336-square-foot property will yield six apartments, and will feature a roof deck with an access…
A zoning permit has been issued for the construction of a single-family structure at 2245 East William Street in Port Richmond, Kensington. The building will rise on the northeast side of a rapidly developing block between Trenton Avenue and Tulip Street, next to a set of seven proposed single-family structures, which we covered in yesterday’s post. The building will have a footprint of 497 square feet and will include a roof deck. Carlos Gonzalez is the listed owner.
Zoning permits have been issued for the construction of seven single-family structures at 2231-2243 East William Street in Port Richmond, Kensington. The buildings will replace a large vacant site on the northeast side of a block between Trenton Avenue and Tulip Street. Each structure will span a footprint of 700 square feet and a roof deck accessed via a pilot house. William Street Development LL [sic] is the listed owner for all properties.