Permits have been issued for the demolition of a two-story, 1,200-square-foot rowhouse situated at 1420 North Marston Street in Brewerytown, North Philadelphia. The vacant structure stands on the west side of the block between Master and Jefferson streets, and will be torn down as part of the City of Philadelphia Demolition Program. The work will include removal of trees on adjacent vacant lots at 1413, 1417, and 1418 North Marston Street, as well as placement of erosion control mats with seed on all lots. Francis Henriquez of FH Demolition is the listed contractor. Demolition costs are listed at $9,200.
Construction is making steady progress at The Hive Residences, a 256-unit multi-family development underway at 107 North 7th Street in Allentown, PA. Designed by BERNARDON and developed by City Center Allentown, the complex will consist of two new buildings, each standing four stories tall, with retail space on the ground floor and live-work arrangements in select units.
Construction is making steady progress on a new pedestrian bridge at the Penn Medicine Pavilion, a new hospital tower that is reaching completion at 300 South 33rd Street in University City. The tower, designed by Foster + Partners, stands 343 feet and 17 stories tall, with 1.5 million square feet of space. The new bridge will connect the Pavilion to SEPTA’s Penn Medicine Regional Rail Station, formerly titled University City Station. The station is one of the busiest on the system, attracting riders to the major employment center consisting of the nearby medical facilities.
A parking garage has been demolished at 316-20 South 11th Street in Washington Square West, Center City, the site of a future townhouse development. When completed, the structure will add nine new townhomes to the site, each standing four stories tall. The buildings will feature stately exteriors with what appears to be a very high standard of brickwork and a molding band running above the second floor and an elaborate cornice situated at the parapet. The tan brick façade will feature large, attractive windows with grid-shaped frames. Each home will have access to an off-street parking garage via a covered drive aisle.
Permits have been issued for the construction of a pair of single-family houses at 2608 Pine Street and 2610 Pine Street in Fitler Square, Center City. The buildings will replace two attractive, well-preserved prewar rowhouses, which are part of an intact ensemble that spans the entire block. Each building will feature a roof deck. Permits list Judith M. Crossan Sanicky and William M. Sanicky as owners for the building planned at number 2608, which will span a footprint of 768 square feet, and Margaret Connor Porter and Scott. T Porter for its neighbor at number 2610, which will rise from a footprint measuring 910 square feet.