A zoning permit has been filed for the construction of a new structure at 1509 West Cumberland Street on the northern outskirts of the Temple University area in North Philadelphia. The filing follows a permit filed in December 2019 calling for the demolition of the three-story pre-war rowhouse at the site, which has sat abandoned for at least a decade. Rich and Vis Investments is listed as the owner.
As reported in the past, the stretch between 21st and 23rd streets in western Center City will soon be elevated with many new towers in the 300-400-foot range. While many of the new proposals were released recently, 2222 Market Street, which was revealed last year, could be on its way up soon. Developed by Parkway Corporation, the office building will rise to a height of 318 feet and 19 stories and will be mostly leased by the law firm Morgan, Lewis and Bockius.
A construction permit has been filed for the construction of a new building at 1728 Folsom Street in the Spring Garden neighborhood in North Philadelphia, near Francisville to the north. The filings follows a May permit filing that calls for the demolition of a three-story rowhouse that presently occupies the site. 2004-20 N 5th St LLC is listed as the owner.
A zoning permit has been filed for the erection of a 65-foot-tall building at 1350 North Front Street in the Fishtown neighborhood in Kensington. Although the floor count has not been specified, the height is consistent with a six-story building. The latest filing follows a November permit for the merger of several nearby lots and a December permit for the demolition of a three-story structure currently standing at the site.
The Schuylkill Yards development is on the verge of breaking into the University City skyline in West Philadelphia. Permits for a new 361-foot, 28-story, mixed-use office and residential tower at 3025 John F. Kennedy Boulevard were approved in early December 2019. The tower is one of many slated for the 14 acres of land just to the northwest of FMC Tower. A new park, Drexel Square, was completed last year just east of the Bulletin Building.